Thursday, January 13, 2011

The Business

There is a side to Academia that is much like the mystery doors (or curtains, depending on decade and targeted audience) in a televised game show. Certain courses ask us to juggle the dice in our palms for a few seconds and give a hearty toss. We ask ourselves what could be behind door number 314, we ask if fate lined up the number of pips just right.

So what can be said of my once a week, three hour Public Relations course besides that glaring fact that it is the first business-centric vehicle for which I will learn histories and ethics of a field I have no interest in? I am certain that I will not find an answer until that prop door is opened, the red silk pulled back, and the dice find a comfortable attitude to rest upon.

Perhaps right around mid-terms.

No comments:

Post a Comment